Everyone whines and whines about Mondays–but anyone with sense knows the worst day of the week is Tuesday. If the end of the world happens, it will be on a Tuesday. Guaranteed.
It’s never a day off work, never a “hump” day and never part of an extended weekend, unless that Monday-night party left you incapacitated.
(Wha? It’s Tuesday? Damn.)
Here are 5 reasons I absolutely HATE Tuesdays:
1. It’s considered the second day of the week. And everyone knows that “second” really means “first loser.” It should be called Luesday.
2. Monday is all busy emails, busy phone calls, busy deadlines. Tuesday is all “Oh, it’s not even CLOSE to Friday yet.” In fact, it’s about as far away from Friday as you can get.
(No matter which way you go. Friday is too far away)
3. Because of THIS definition of Tuesday from Wikipedia (“Wiki” being derived from Latin for “confusing” and “pedia” meaning “full of s***”). “The English name is derived from Tiwesdæg and Tewesday, meaning “Tīw’s Day”, the day of Tiw.” WTF??
4. Tuesday is election day in the U.S. where we elect wealthy government officials who will eventually screw us over for their own best interests. If we had election days on Wednesdays, that wouldn’t happen.
(This is all Tuesday’s fault.)
5. There are no good songs about Tuesday. Do you know why? Because Tuesdays suck. Here are some memorable Tuesday song lyrics:
- “Good-bye, Ruby Tuesday. Who could hang a name on you?” (Again. WTF?)
- “Tuesday. Afternoon. I’m just beginning to see. Now I’m on my way. It doesn’t matter to me. Chasing the clouds away.” (Must have been some strong stuff.)
- “Tuesday came and went like a helicopter overhead.” (Yep.)
I rest my case. ‘Nuff said.