As I’ve mentioned in past years, bloggers are required to create a gratitude list each November. I think it’s written in the Affordable Care Act (somewhere between “quagmire” and “socialism”). Here are the things I’m grateful for this year:
- My address doesn’t include the words “Syria,” “Juarez,” or “Detroit.”
- I wasn’t involved in a sex scandal. (I wanted to be, but couldn’t make it happen.)
- American Horror Story. Specifically Jessica Lange. Oh, and Kathy Bates. And Angela Bassett.
- Shaving cream.
- Lady Gaga overcoming her debilitating shyness.
- Denny’s bacon menu.
- CAPTCHA security codes. (I feel like a secret agent typing the indecipherable letters/numbers.)
- Dogs with happy, waggy tails.
- The NSA set up shop in my backyard. Now I can feel safe.
- Movie theater popcorn.
- Miley Cyrus taught us how to appropriately appreciate demolition equipment.
- My city has not been used in a headline with the words “typhoon,” “hurricane” or “Anthony Weiner.”
- Dennis Rodman is our ambassador to North Korea.
- Pie. Any kind of pie.
- San Diego.
- Kim Kardashian finally found true love. Again.
- Swear words.
YOu never cease to amaze me.
The feeling is mutual, Dana.
Muhahahah appreciation for demolition equipment. Love it!!