Another Tuesday has dawned, and with it, the sneaking feeling that it could be a really long day. In order to waste time, therefore cutting down on actual Tuesday activities, I created the latest list of Things Driving Me Crazy Today.
(Too lazy to deal with Tuesday.)
Feel free to add on.
- When you drink a big glass of milk, and discover the bottom of the glass was coated with disgusting dishwasher residue.
- The person who told me, “I read your latest blog. It was really funny. You should try adding humor more often.” Sigh.
- Being too full to eat dessert. (Amended: too full to ENJOY dessert.)
- That little line of dirt left next to the dust pan that REFUSES to be swept up.
(I usually end up casually spreading it around with my foot.)
- The plastic or ribbon loops that hang off the armpits of shirts. (They tend to creep out of my shirt and hang under my arms.)
- When someone adjusts the driver’s seat/mirrors in my car. It’s PERFECT! Leave it the hell alone!
- When the first square of toilet paper is super-glued to the roll. I end up shredding the first five layers of toilet paper before it starts working.
- When someone eats the last bowl of raspberries. (They should be burned at the stake!!)
- Feeling inferior at the farmer’s market. (Organic, free-range vegans seem SO superior.)
- Any sentence that includes the words “Congress,” “sequester” (which is NOT a noun, folks!), “lawmakers” or “kale.”
- The fact there were Halloween decorations in the store this weekend. It’s freakin’ July!!!!
- The stubble on my knees I just can’t seem to shave.
That’s it for today. Now I’m sure my Tuesday will flow swimmingly.
- BONUS: People who use the word “swimmingly.”
I hide that last line of dirt under rugs and stoves. I figure I’ll get it someday.
Right, and to prove to the world what a word nerd I am: Did you know there is a name for the difficult to remove last line of dust? It’s called “frust”. What drives me crazy is that life is tooo busy to talk to people who I want to talk to. There’s a name for not having time to talk very long. It’s called “castrating the bull”. You know what I found really, really funny about this one? That you Tagged Toilet paper. You’re a hoot.
Toilet paper is very important. Good to hear from you!