Ah, Tuesday. That horrible day between Monday and Wednesday that comes around every seven days. The day I get irked more than any other day of the week. Here are things making my crazy list today:
- That little plastic scoop found in baby formula. It’s always buried at the bottom of the can and the formula sticks to my wet fingers as I try to dig the scoop out. Isn’t there a better way?
- People who think “No Left Turn” doesn’t apply to them and back up traffic while pissing everyone off.
- Those stupid, stupid sponge eyeshadow applicators that eventually fall off the stick and down into the drain of my bathroom sink.
- Realizing I just said something completely off-the-wall and people are looking at me funny while slowly backing away.
- Political campaigns. With the PACs creating doomsday ads and pundits spinning every quote until I’m seasick, let’s just call the whole thing off.
(How ’bout we choose our elected officials “Hunger Games” style?)
- The fact that mini-Snickers bars still have calories. Uncool.
- When I’m drinking ice water at a restaurant and the ice sloshes forward and splashes water all down the front of my shirt.
- Why is it that whenever I go to my doctor, they have just “updated their computer system” and need me to fill out ALL my medical history again? It doesn’t matter if it’s been a year or two weeks–they’ve got me fillin’ out the paperwork.
- Halloween costumes that cost more than a new outfit from Macy’s. Really? A piece of cheap fabric and a string of plastic beads is $49.99?