I can’t believe July is more than half over!! Summer just isn’t complete until I’ve accomplished each thing on this list. What are your favorite summer traditions?
Must dos for summer:
- Sit in a park and read a good book.
- Eat buttery corn on the cob and not care if my face is covered with kernels, butter and pepper.
- Lay by the pool until my skin wrinkles like used pantyhose (I know, I know. . . skin cancer)
- Hike to Donut Falls and eat donuts.
- Sleep under the stars (I don’t mean stars like Johnny Depp. Okay. I do mean that.)
- Sit by a campfire and make s’mores without catching the marshmallow on fire.
- Buy lemonade from a neighborhood stand, and tip the kids $1 each. (I’m a big spender.)
- Get fresh fruits and veggies from the Farmer’s Market.
- Enjoy shooting stars (I don’t mean stars like Katy Perry. Okay, I do.)
- Popsicles (Do you remember making ice-cube tray popsicles with Kool-Aid? I’d wrap the “popsicle” in a paper napkin that stuck to the cube, and I always ended up eating part of the napkin. Yummy!)
- Grape-lime snow cones. (The drawback to eating Snow Cones from the ice-cream man: It’s hard had to bite them with my front teeth. It sends sharp pains into my brain. And as I’m eating the ice, the liquid leaks out of the cone and down my arms.)
Ahhh, good times.