(These damn kids with their loud music and their saggy jeans! Get off my lawn, you buggers!)
I must be getting older because my patience is wearing thin. I always thought my grandma was crotchety and impatient–and now I’ve become her. (Time to learn how to knit and yell at the neighbor kids.) But I’m sure my grandma would agree with the following things that are driving me crazy today:
- Male politicians and religious leaders (and some FEMALE politicians) arguing about a woman’s choice for birth control, abortion, etc. At what point did women’s health issues become the government’s business? Stay out of my nether-regions, sir!
(Coming soon! A new Utah State Legislature-approved fashion line for women.)
Drivers who don’t wave “thank you” after you let them pull in front of you.
- People who are NOT me that make millions of dollars a year.
- “Celebrity” news about a) Lindsey Lohan’s relapses, b) Angelina Jolie’s fertility status, c) anything involving a Snooki or a J-Woww, or d) Katherine Heigl’s “career.”
(“News,” by definition, is something that happens out of the ordinary. This is not “news.”)
- People who are NOT me who are eating chocolate cake right now.
- Beyoncé trademarking her daughter’s name: Blue Ivy Carter. Really? Is having a child a money-making scheme? (Didn’t work for me, that’s for damn sure.)
- People who speak Starbuck-ese. Get over it! The sizes are small, medium and large. Geesh.
(Thank God there’s still some sense in the world.)
- The Oscars! Enough all-freakin’-ready!
- Showing up at a semi-formal event in jeans and flip-flops. Whoops. (Didn’t get the memo.)
- Self check-out lanes at the grocery store that are 12 times slower than having an employee do the job for you. I’m not smart enough to be a cashier–or I’d BE A CASHIER!!!
- The Utah State Legislature. No explanation needed.
(The Utah Capitol Building. Could also be the setting for the Ringling Brothers, “Psycho” and/or “Titanic.”)
Now that I’ve vented, I’m going to take my teeth out and take a nap.